Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Effects of Video Games

This week I am going to discuss the effects of video games on me or anyone else. Does playing my Playstation 3 make me violent, or make me want to go out and do something crazy? To me playing violent games or a sport game makes me excited and energetic. But playing a game like that doesn’t make me want to go out and do the same thing, I mean it’s just a game. A game is a game because that’s all they are supposed to be, they don’t make the game to encourage people to go out and run somebody over with a car like on Grand Theft Auto. Games like that Grand Theft Auto are meant to be a strategy game, you have to go around and complete missions and sometimes bloodshed is a must. You know, maybe they make games like this that you can go kill people and stuff like that because they want to try to keep kids from doing it in the real world and just do it in the game. Games like Madden or NHL are games to inspire you and to have you get excited about sports. People live to play sport games on a video game. I have played football since I was really little up in Rolla ND, and football is a very big party of my life and I love to play football games on my Playstation. For me I think when I grow older and have a family with kids I don’t think I am going to let them play violent games until they get older and realize what the difference is between a violent video game and a violent real life. People die in a video game and it doesn’t matter it’s not real. But people die in real life and it is very real, people don’t come back to life. As we speak my friends are playing the new UFC Fight Night game and it is a very fun game. If you have ever watched a UFC fight you know how much fun it is to be playing this game. You can just tell by their ‘game faces’ that they are into the game. You asked them a question and they have no idea that anybody else is in the room. I asked them if a game like this is going to make difference of what they do after they finish the game, like if they are going to want to go out and fight someone. They said no, they don’t want to fight like that and get hurt and maybe get hurt very bad. All in all I don’t think video games make a difference in what people do after they play it. Most of the time people just don’t have the courage to do it. Or the fear of going to jail or worse scars them so much they will never going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment