Sunday, March 1, 2009

Reality TV: Category One

Last week I talked about the different types of reality television available. This week I will be putting the different shows into categories that I think best suit the shows. Last week’s talk named a few shows but it only scratched the surface on the numerous shows available out there. This week will have much larger list of shows that you may or may not have heard of and they will be in categories that, in my opinion, best suit them. I will do one or two categories a week and this week I will do game shows. Some people call these elimination shows.
This would probably be everyone’s favorite, well at least it is my favorite. We will be splitting this into four groups. First will be the relationship competitions. This group includes shows such as The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, For Love or Money, Farmer Wants a Wife, and Average Joe. Others would be; I Love New York, For the Love of Ray J, A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, Rock of Love, and Flavor of Love. These shows have a number of contestants, male or female depending on the gender of the “judge” so to speak, who compete to not get eliminated and to get a chance to have a relationship with the “judge.”
Second would be the talent search shows. This group includes shows such as America's Next Top Model, The Apprentice, Hell's Kitchen, Shear Genius, and Project Runway. Others include; Top Chef, Top Design, Stylista, Last Comic Standing, The Starlet, Scream Queens, On the Lot, The Shot, So You Think You Can Dance, and MuchMusic VJ Search. These shows have contestants who try and win a competition by showcasing their talents.
Third would be fear or challenge based shows. This group includes shows such as Fear, Fear Factor, Scare Tactics, and Celebrity Paranormal Project. These shows put peoples fear to the test. People are put in situations that would scare anyone half to death and forced to do their best. If their best is not good enough they are eliminated.
Last but definitely not least in this category is the sports group. This group includes shows such as The Big Break, The Contender, The Ultimate Fighter, and Knight School. These shows have contestants who are athletes of a specific sport competing against one another to win the competition.
Well there is my first category of reality television. I know there is probably many more shows out there that I did not put in this list or shows that you may think I should not have put and this list. I ask that if you have an idea of more shows to put in here you please do so and that you voice your opinion if you think I have put a show or two or three in here that do not belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment